If you're looking for JIRA Cloud, click here.
The Forecast integration with JIRA Server, makes you able to sync projects between Forecast and JIRA. Thus, you could for instance have your software developers use the JIRA solution they are used to, while your management team and others can use the more visual Forecast solution. This integration will make sure to keep data in-sync between the selected projects on each platform.
Look below for more info on what gets synced.
How it works
Using Forecast for JIRA, your people scheduling, project planning, estimates, time tracking, and high level portfolio overview will always be synchronized with current development tasks and issues. Easily estimate and plan new features in Forecast, and they will automatically be synced to JIRA. Thus, critical information is shared and collaboration is effortless.
What gets synced?
- Go to Admin / App catalog in Forecast
Choose JIRA Server
(or, click here)
- Click 'Activate'
Before we can continue you need to create an Application Link in your JIRA instance following these steps:
- As an administrator in your JIRA instance, go to 'Administration' -> 'Applications' -> 'Application links'
- Create a new link to: https://app.forecast.it/
- Set Application Name to: Forecast
- Choose Application Type: Generic Application
- Click 'Continue'
- When the link has been created, click on the link's pencil icon and go to 'Incoming Authentication'
Set 'Consumer Key' to the key generated and seen on the integration page in Forecast
- Set 'Consumer Name' to: Forecast
- Set 'Public Key' to the unique key generated and seen on the integration page in Forecast
- Set 'Consumer Callback URL' to: https://api.forecast.it/jira-server/oauth
- Click 'Save'
- When the Application Link has been created in JIRA, enter the URL for your JIRA instance and click the 'Authenticate' button
Based on the settings you choose, projects will now be synced between JIRA and Forecast, and new projects created in JIRA will automatically be synced to Forecast.