The vision of the integration between JIRA and Forecast is to give you a world class project- & resource management application. It will significantly improve your ability to create a highly utilized organisation, while at the same time ensure that all those ad-hoc issues can be dealt with without unforeseen consequences. Needless to say - but I do it either way - it should make it easier to deliver projects on time.
- … will still be your primary project application.
- … is the master application and where you create your projects and issues.
- … is where you can alter the issues’ descriptions.
- … where your developers will have their daily work (make comments, delegate issues to each other, etc.).
- … is probably connected to Github or other production type applications; so issues can be inspected and collaborated upon.
- Takes care of the time, people, and budget elements of all your JIRA projects.
- Lets you use all of Forecast’s planning abilities to alter due date on issues and projects.
- Use Forecast to plan sprints, delegate tasks/issues and leverage that your peoples’ allocation to projects will be your capacity in your sprint.
- Use the timeline on projects to plan a JIRA project using a Gantt approach.
- Use the overall resource plan to find and delegate a support/ad-hoc ticket to resources with the right skill and availability level. Change the resource availability by re-prioritizing the resource's current issues.
- Is where you find available resources and book/allocate your people to projects.
- Takes the estimations of issues you have made i JIRA, and lets you refine them by using Forecast’s AI estimation engine.
- Can connect your JIRA issues to your resource calendar; so they don’t have to login to JIRA or Forecast to see what to work on next. (Outlook, Google, and iCal)
- Lets you make shareable reports, e.g. share your live Gantt chart with your client (password protected, of course)
- Will transform all your time registrations into a budget with projections, and let you connect this to your accounting system of choice. Thereby reducing manual work and risk of error.
- It doesn't matter how you make time registrations. You can use JIRA’s own or you can use Forecast’s mobile application. You can also use a 3rd party like Toggl. Forecast will fetch the data and put it into the right context.
How does data flow between JIRA and Forecast?
How will JIRA projects look like in Forecast?
Like ordinary Forecast projects, but with that twist, that due to JIRA being the master system, there are some functionalities that can’t be altered in Forecast - like issues description. However all cards/issues in Forecast will have a direct link to the issue in JIRA. Making it easy to navigate to the issues and participate in the comment thread, or alter the description, etc.
How does Forecast build a budget from my JIRA project?
By using the roles, rate cards, milestones, time registrations your organisation has made, you will end up with the same type of budget you get from just running an ordinary project in Forecast.