Set up your company-wide preferences that will define how you work in Forecast
Access the Admin Panel & select Details
1. Address & Logo: This is where you set up the basic information of your company, which is tied to your billing.
2. Currency: This is a very important part of your set up, as it will define the financial baseline of all of your work.
3. Default working hours: This is the baseline of your company's working hours which is reflected in Schedule and Timesheets. And, if you have team members who have different working hours to that of your company, you can set the individual working hours in the people page of the admin panel.
4.Timezone: Since every action or mutation will be anchored to your chosen time zone, this setting serves as the digital baseline of your work. For example, the chosen time zone defines the time in which notifications are sent.
5. Resource Management: Here you can adjust your company's Billable Utilization Target as well as decide how you want to organize your resources. You can choose between allocating people to projects or assigning people to tasks. To learn more of the differences between the two please visit this article.
6. Contact: In this section you can set up the accounts main contact's information.
7. Add Domains: This option allows you to add, update or remove domains that can join the account automatically.
8. Create Demo : Clicking on the ´Create Demo´ adds into your account three (3) mock projects, along with mock team members, rate cards, tasks, and more. This is so you can familiarize yourself with the tool before you plan out your actual work. And, you use these projects as templates for your future projects.
9. Save Environment: This option allows you to save the demo environment you have created and gives you the option to save it on the day that it looked the best. For example, if you have a demo project that shows all of the data that is necessary for you on a certain date you can save it on that date for it to always look the same.
10. Delete All Demo Data: This allows you to delete all of the demo data that you have created and is currently up on your account. Please be careful when pressing this button as it will not ask you to confirm and will execute immediately.
Creating, editing and removing labels
The purpose of establishing and using Labels is for the organization and categorization tasks, projects, skills, team members, teams and more. For instance, you can create a label named "graphic_design" and assign that label to a task, project, team and individual team member that requires work that encompasses "graphic_design."
The best practice when is come to labels is to have them predefined before adding them. You want to have a set structure for them. Usually this means having a list of labels for each of your team members based on their skill set e.g. "graphic design" and so on.
1. Access the Admin Panel & select Labels
2. Define & Add Labels
Hover your cursor over the Name field and type in the name of the label you have predetermined. Then proceed to select the desired color you wish to attribute to the label. Then click Add Label.
When you click on the Add Label Button, the column Usages will reflect a zero (0), this means that the label has not been assigned yet. You can add as many labels as you'd like, just remember to have a set structure in place before you do.