Add, remove and edit clients
Time to read: 5 minutes
- Clients are used in connection with reports, rate cards, and budgets to give you the best possible means of managing your projects
- Creating and assigning clients to projects is a way to structure and extract client-related information and insights
- Adding a client to your client list does not invite a client into Forecast
- There are two ways of creating clients, the first is through the Admin Settings (requires Admin permissions), while the second one is from within projects and is available only to Managers and Controllers
If your Permission Level is Admin
Step 1: Access the Admin panel and select Clients.
Step 2: Click Add Client
Step 3: Establish the clients name, and click Add Client.
Once you have established the clients name, this new client will be added to the client list. From here you can edit the client profile further.
Editing Client Profiles
Step 1: Hover your cursor over the created client to either edit or delete.
Step 2: Click Edit
Step 3: Add details, contacts and notes
1. Add/edit client name
2. Add/edit client address
3. Add/edit client zip code
4. Add/edit client city
5. Add/edit client country
6. Add/edit client VAT number
7. Add/edit client notes
Repeat for all of your clients
Establish Client Guest
When editing a clients profile, below their detail information section, you have the option of inviting a client as a guest user into Forecast. These guest users can only access the projects the client is assigned to and in those only the tasks that they were assigned to (as Asignees, Owners or Followers).
Step 1: Click Add Client User
A pop up modal will be prompted.
Step 2: Fill out the necessary information
1. Establish the name of the contact person (client)
2. Establish the email of the contact person (client)
3. Establish the phone number of the contact person (client) & then click Add Person.
4. Select the project the guest user should be able to access (note: you have to assign the client to the project in the project settings beforehand)
Adding guest users to tasks
Step 1: Select the project which the client is assigned to on the projects page
Step 2: Select a task the guest user should be able to see
Step 3: Add the guest user to the task as Asignee, Owner or Follower of the task
Now the client user has access to this specific task.