Add non-project time: either internal or time-off
- Non-project time is the time you wish to track, but which is not directly related to a specific project
- In Forecast, non-project time comes in two categories: Internal time and Time off. Both categories denote the non-billable time
- Some examples of non-project Internal time could be, e.g. meetings, workshops, etc. On the other hand, non-project Time-off could be sickness, vacation, etc.
- It is important to distinguish the two as they are calculated and reflected differently in the schedule and in the reports. Understand more on the calculations here.
Setup Categories of Non-Project Time
Step 1: Go to the Admin panel and select Non-Project Time.
Step 2: Type in the desired Non-Project: Internal Time in the text field, i.e. workshop, meetings, etc. and then click the Add button.
Repeat steps as needed.
Step 3: Type in the desired Non-Project: Time-off in the text field, i.e. Maternity/Paternity leave, vacation, etc. and then click the Add button.
Repeat steps as needed.
Step 4: Edit, delete or move the desired Non-Project: Internal Time/Time-off.
Set Up Holiday Calendars
In this section, you can create and import the desired calendar that reflects your local holidays. Once incorporated, all bank holidays will be reflected in your Schedule. You can create as many calendars as you need, and assign calendars to individual team members. This is so you can accommodate for team members that work in a different location.
Step 1: Go to the Admin panel and select Holidays.
Step 2: Type in the desired Calendar Name in the text field, i.e. France Calendar (if you are located in this region) then click Import Public Holidays.
A popup modal will be prompted.
Step 3: Set the current year, followed by determining your location and then click Import Public Holidays.
Once this step is completed you will see the names and dates of all the national holidays per your region.
Step 4: Set the new calendar you've just created as the default for your company. Remember to set the default calendar to match your geographic location.
Step 4: You can always edit your calendar if need be in the following way.
1. Edit/add the name of a holiday.
2. Edit/add the date of the holiday.
3. Delete a specific holiday.
4. Delete, import/add another calendar all together.