AI powered cruise control for project managers is now just a click away.
Every time you scope out your projects our AI will automatically allocate your team to all tasks and will do so by picking up on your teams availability and current capacity.
Auto Schedule: Need to know
Before using the Auto schedule feature it is important to know a few things before hand.
1. Auto Schedule is a feature that is only available when creating Task Allocation type projects (a.k.a Waterfall projects)
2. The Auto Schedule feature is only available inside a project, specifically from the Scoping and Timeline sections of a project.
3. When choosing to duplicate a project, the system will also ask if you would like to use the Auto Schedule feature.
How to Auto Schedule
Step 1: After you have Scoped out your project e.g. created milestones, tasks, set a role to a task and set your estimates, click the Auto Schedule button from either the Scoping section or the Timeline section.
Step 2: An Auto Schedule modal will popup.
Step 3: Select and establish your desired Auto Schedule preferences.
1. Click on the dropdown menu and select a similar project, from your existing project list. This provides the AI additional information in order to set up a more efficient project plan. Note: this step is optional and it will not duplicate or otherwise alter this project, it merely looks for patterns.
2. Click on the checkbox and opt to change the existing assignees you have assigned to tasks. Selecting this option will essentially look for the first available team member with the set role on the task. Note: this is also optional.
3. Click to expand More Settings.
4. Click to select if you want to auto schedule team members assigned to the existing project. Or if you want the AI to factor in all of the team members in the company.
5. Click to select whether you want the Milestones to overlap or not.
6. Click to select if you want High Priority tasks to be considered first or not and opt to excluded tasks that have been blocked from being auto scheduled.
7. Set the project start date.
8. Click to Continue.
Step 4: Determine whether you want to rearrange your milestones.
1. Click and keep the current dates on your milestones. The AI will not rearrange the dates of your milestones or tasks if this option is enabled.
2. Click and allow the AI to optimise and reschedule the dates on your milestones and their subsequent tasks. Note: You reshuffle your milestones manually if this option is enabled.
Note: If you deselect a milestone the AI will not factor this milestone in the Auto Schedule. You can also determine if you want the AI to factor in tasks that have NO Milestone.
3. Click to Continue.
Note: If you get this pop up, the system is warning you that there are milestones in this project that have unapproved tasks. These tasks will not be factored in the Auto Schedule.
The system will also notify you if there are asks that are missing estimates or roles. The AI will suggest a role as well as estimates based on past projects. You can opt to keep the suggestions or manually update these from this modal.
Step 5: Click Preview
Review & Revise Auto Scheduled Project
Once you click preview, the AI will factor in all of the preferences that you have set up and you will get a live preview of what your project now looks like once it has been processed by the AI.
You can opt to make changes if you wish or you can keep the AI proposed plan as is.
Step 1: Review the layout of your tasks & milestones
Step 2: Review the assignees of your tasks. You can remove and/or add a team member by removing them from a task and by dragging them and adding them to a task.
You can also add or remove team members from being considered into the project plan altogether by clicking on the popup menu.
Step 3: Review and/or rearrange milestones and tasks.
Step 4: Once you have made your desired changes, or if you approve of the AI designed plan, click Apply.
Note: If you wish to make any changes to the plan after clicking apply you can make changes in the scoping page and the timeline page, or you can use the Auto Schedule feature again.
Duplicating Projects & Auto Scheduling
If you opt to duplicate a project, after setting up the necessary information, the system will suggest to use the Auto Schedule feature.
Note: You can skip the Auto Schedule feature when duplicating and enable it later from inside the project.
How does the Auto Schedule work?