Learn how to create projects in Forecast
Creating a project in Forecast is very easy.
Step 1: Click on the + NEW button, which is located at the top right side of the screen.
Step 2: Select Project
Tip: Be sure to click on the 'more settings' option!
Step 3: Specify the details for your new project
1. Set the Project name.
2. Set the Dates of the project.
3. Select the Client this project pertains to.
4. Add project Labels. Labels are used to categorize and organize projects, people and tasks better.
5. Choose whether to duplicate an existing project. You will have the option of duplicating an existing project with all of its workflow columns, tasks, milestones, team members, and expenses. This way you can have a template project which helps you automating processes and thus saving time.
6. Select if you want to work with Sprints or not. Note: you will be able to adjust this later as well, through the individual project's settings.
7. Choose the Allocation Type. Learn more about the allocation types here
8. Select your Budget Type. Note: Hover over the information icon for the description of the different Budget Types.
9. Set your Rate Card.
10. Click to Save and Continue.
Once you have clicked save and continue, a popup modal will be prompted, asking you to assign this project to your team.
Step 4: Click on the Add team field to display your team list and select all the team members you'd like. Then click assign.
If you have not yet invited your team to Forecast, you can skip this step or click here to learn how to create and invite your team.
If you need any help, please do not hesitate to reach out to us through the chat in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.