Learn how to create projects in Forecast
Time to read: 5 minutes
- Creating a project in Forecast is very easy
- You can create a new project through the global add button or from within the projects page
- When creating a new project, add dates, client, project labels, whether or not to duplicate a project, whether or not you want to work with sprints, your budget type, and the client rate card
- You can change between project and task allocation through your admin panel. Learn more about the allocation types here. NOTE: Project/Task allocation settings are company-wide setting
Creating a New Project
Step 1: Click on the + NEW button, which is located at the top right side of the screen.
From the Projects tab click on New Project.
Step 2: Select Project
Tip: Be sure to click on the 'more settings' option!
Step 3: Specify the details for your new project
1. Set the Project name.
2. Set the Dates of the project.
3. Select the Client this project pertains to.
4. Add project Labels. Labels are used to categorize and organize projects, people and tasks better.
5. Choose whether to duplicate an existing project. You will have the option of duplicating an existing project with all of its workflow columns, tasks, milestones, team members, and expenses. This way you can have a template project which helps you automating processes and thus saving time.
6. Select if you want to work with Sprints or not. Note: you will be able to adjust this later as well, through the individual project's settings.
7. Select your Budget Type. Note: Hover over the information icon for the description of the different Budget Types.
8.Set your Rate Card.
9. Click to Save and Continue or Cancel.
Once you have clicked save and continue, a popup modal will be prompted, asking you to assign this project to your team.
Step 4: Click on the Add team field to display your team list and select all the team members you'd like. Then click assign.
If you need any help, please do not hesitate to reach out to us through the chat in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.