Learn how to create projects in Forecast
Time to read: 5 minutes
Note: You can change between project and task allocation through your admin panel. Learn more about the allocation types here. Please be advised that Project/Task allocation settings are company-wide setting that can only be accessed by the Admin in the Resource Management settings of your account.
Creating a New Project
Step 1: Click on the + NEW button, which is located at the top right side of the screen. This option is available from everywhere in your Forecast account.
From the Projects tab click on New Project.
Step 2: From the +NEW button select Project.
Choosing Project Parameters
After you have successfully navigated and opened the modal to begin creating your project you are able to choose from a variety of parameters. In order to view all of the choices make sure you click on 'More Settings'. The below picture explains what each parameter is.
1. Set the Project name.
2. Set the start and end Dates of the project.
3. Choose project Color. Colors help you differentiate between your projects and you are able to change them from the project settings once the project is created.
4. Select the Client this project pertains to.
5. Add project Labels. Labels are used to categorize and organize projects, people and tasks better.
6. Choose whether to duplicate an existing project. You will have the option of duplicating an existing project with all of its workflow columns, tasks, milestones, team members, and expenses. This way you can have a template project which helps you automating processes and thus saving time.
7. Select if you want to work with Sprints or not. Note: you will be able to adjust this later as well, through the individual project's settings.
8. Select your Budget Type. This will select what budget type the project will rely on, to learn more about a projects budget and the Budget Types please visit our article here.
9.Set your Rate Card. Select what rates the calculations of the time registrations will be based on. To learn more about Rate Cards please visit our article here.
10. Choose whether or not you wish to include Baseline.
Note: Forecast's Baseline feature is only available for PRO and PLUS subscriptions.
Once you have set all of the parameters the way you want them to be you can press Save and Continue, this will take you to the next step which is assigning team members or pre-determined teams to the project.
Assigning team members and teams
The final step before creating your project is to assign team members. This step can be skipped if you are not certain who to assign yet. You may assign team members and/or teams at a later date through the project settings under the team settings. To learn more about the project settings click here.
To assign team members or a team, click on the Add team field to display your team list and select all the team members you'd like. Then click assign.