Learn how to create projects in Forecast
Creating a project in Forecast is very easy. There are two (2) ways you can create a project, which are detailed below.
Step 1: Click on the Action button, which is located at the top right side of the site.
Step 2: Select Project
Step 3: Specify the details for your new project
1. Set the Project name.
2. Select the Client this project pertains to.
3. Set the Start and End date of your project.
4. Chose if you wish to Duplicate from an Existing project. If you work in similar projects, the best practice here would be to create a sample/template project and use this as the foundation for all future project - saving you time. Learn more about Duplicate projects here.
5. Choose if you wish this project to work in Sprints.
6. Add project Labels. Labels are used to categorize and organize projects, people and tasks better.
7. Choose if you want to work in Task (Waterfall) or Project Allocation (Agile) mode.
8. Click to Save and Continue.
Once you have clicked save and continue, a popup modal will be prompted, asking you to assign this project to your team.
Step 4: Click on the Add team field to display your team list and select all the team members you'd like. Then click assign.
If you have not yet invited you team to Forecast, you can skip this step or click here to learn how to invite your team.
Next Step: Scoping Projects
If you need any help, please do not hesitate to reach out to us through the chat in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.