Migrate your Asana project to Forecast
The Asana integration allows the migration of projects from Asana to Forecast.
As the Asana project structure is different than Forecasts', not all data can be mapped one-to-one.
When migrating from Asana, the following data-mapping rules apply in the cases where Asanas structure varies from Forecasts':
- For Asana projects with a layout of 'list', sections are translated as milestones.
- For Asana projects with a layout of 'board', sections are translated as status columns, where the first column is assumed to be a 'To-do' column; the last column is assumed to be a 'Done' column and the remaining columns are assumed to be 'In progress' columns.
- If an Asana project does not have a 'To-do' or a 'Done' column, a default column of the missing type is created.
- As whether or not a task is completed is shown using status columns in Forecast, completed tasks in Asana projects with a 'board' layout, which are not placed in the column assumed to be the 'Done' column, will not be shown as completed when migrated to Forecast.
- Files from "box" or "google drive"
- Dependencies between tasks