Software development with GitLab and Forecast
The integration with GitLab lets you sync your work between chosen projects in GitLab and Forecast. Users, cards, workflow, status, estimates, milestones, and assigned people is kept up-to-date no matter where you do the magic.
Synced between both
- GitLab users and Forecast users are linked. However, you need to create the users manually in each system.
- Issue / Cards Status are synced between both. Changing a status in GitLab is reflected in Forecast, and vice versa.
- Description on cards / issues is reflected in both Forecast and GitLab.
- Milestones are reflected in both. Moving cards is reflected as well.
- New cards / issues are synced.
- Assigning people to cards / issues is synced.
- Time estimates on cards / issues is synced. When estimating from GitLab, the high and low estimate in Forecast will be set as the same. When estimating from Forecast, the forecast estimate based on your high and low, and our algorithm, will be sent to GitLab.
This should help you manage everything from both, and avoiding doing double the work.
Step 1: Go to the GitLab integration, click here.
Step 2: Click Activate
Step 3: Sign in, accept and authorize the connection
You should automatically return to Forecast.
Step 4: Go to a project you wish to connect
Step 5: Go to Project Settings
Step 6: Scroll down, find the GitLab integration section
Step 7: Find the matching project in the dropdown menu
Step 8: Click Sync GitLab Project
Forecast will do a bit of work behind-the-scenes, and your issues should be visible in Workflow within a few seconds.
Connect as many projects as you'd like.