How Jira and Forecast play together
The vision of the integration between Jira and Forecast is to give you a world class project- & resource management application. It will significantly improve your ability to create a highly utilized organisation, while at the same time ensure that all those ad-hoc issues can be dealt with without unforeseen consequences. Needless to say it should make it easier to deliver projects on time.
- Takes care of the time, people, and budget elements of all your Jira projects.
- Lets you use all of Forecast’s planning abilities to alter assignees and due date on issues.
- Use Forecast to plan sprints, delegate tasks/issues and leverage that your peoples’ allocation to projects will be your capacity in your sprints.
- Use the timeline on projects to plan a Jira project using a Gantt approach.
- Use the Forecast resource plan to find resources with the right skill and availability for your issues.
- Lets you make shareable reports, e.g. share your live Gantt chart with your clients.
- Will transform all your time registrations into a budget with projections, and let you connect this to your accounting system of choice. Thereby reducing manual work and risk of error.
- Use Forecast's intuitive timesheets to register time on your issues and they will automatically be created as worklogs in Jira.
- You will still need to create your projects in Jira, and can choose which Jira projects to synchronize with Forecast.
- After a project has been synchronized to Forecast, all data changes in Jira will be automatically sent to Forecast.
- Sprints in Jira belong to a board, whereas sprints in Forecast belong to a project. Therefore we can only synchronize sprints to and from one board per project.
- If you use Tempo Timesheets in Jira for timetracking and want to synchronize these to Forecast, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org after the integration has been set up.
How does data flow between Jira and Forecast?
What will Jira projects look like in Forecast?
Like ordinary Forecast projects although you may find that some functionalities have been disabled. The workflow for example will contain Jira status column that can not be altered, and Jira linked tasks can not be deleted in Forecast. However all tasks in Forecast will have a direct link to the issue in Jira, making it easy to navigate to the issues and collaborate between Jira and Forecast.