Find out how the Budget in Forecast works
The Project Budget in Forecast is intelligently connected to make your job easier. Roles, team members, rate cards, and clients are all connected to give you the best possible estimations and budget for your projects.
There are two views available for the budget, Money and Hours. Both showing the same thing, but from the perspective of either money or number of hours.
- Forecast: The sum of the Forecasted hours, multiplied by the rate of the role on tasks
- Reported: The hours reported by the team multiplied by The rate of the role on tasks
- Remaining: The hours remaining on the tasks, multiplied by the rate of the role on tasks
- Projected: Sum of the reported amount and the remaining amount
- Forecast Profit: Budget (fixed project price or forecast price) minus Forecast cost (sum of task costs)
- Projected Profit: Budget (Fixed project price or forecast price) minus Projected cost (Sum of cost of spent time and remaining cost on tasks)
- Forecast: The sum of the Forecasted hours, set by the low and high estimation in the project
- Reported: The sum of the reported hours
- Remaining: The sum of the remaining hours on the tasks in the project
- Projected: The sum of the reported hours plus the remaining hours in the project
- Ahead of Forecast: The Forecasted hours minus the projected hours
Group by Milestone or Role
Above the budget chart, you can select whether to group the information below in either Milestones or Roles.
Next to the "Group by"-option, also above the budget chart, you can download the budget data in a .CSV file format.