In this article we will cover the basic structure and functions of Forecast's Project Portfolio Report. Time to read: 5 minutes
- Learn how to navigate to the report itself and the structure of the page.
- Learn about the functions and how you can utilize them to customize your report.
Forecast's Project Portfolio Report is there to assist you in getting a better overview of your multifaceted projects and the important data that make up for them. If you are not familiar with Forecast's reports we recommend familiarizing yourself by reading the articles regarding creating and editing reports and how you can utilize them to better assist you with your projects.
Project Portfolio Report Structure
In this section we will show you how you can reach the Project Portfolio Report through your company's portfolio tab as well as showcase the structure of the report itself.
1) Navigating to the report: In order to reach the Project Portfolio Report click on your company's portfolio tab, then click on the Reports tab and finally click on the Project Portfolio Report itself. The GIF below shows you exactly how to do that.
2) Project Portfolio Report structure: The picture below shows you exactly where to find everything you need in the reports page.
2.1) Hide/Show Icon: This feature, as we shall see later on, allows you to customize your report the way that you want it to look like by adding or removing any and all information that are displayed on the report. Later in the article we shall cover this more extensively.
2.2) Export as CSV: Forecast gives you the ability to also export a few of it's aspects as a CSV file in order to review them in a different sheet, like Microsoft Excel, in case you prefer that format more. In this instance you can download the report in a CSV file and review it anyway you and/or your team prefer.
2.3) Project List: Here you will be able to find all of the currently running and planned projects that you and your team have created for the selected dates which we will cover below. Each of them will correspond in a straight line with the information that you require to review.
2.4) Dates: Here you will be able to input the dates that you would like the report to cover and subsequently the projects associated with those dates. It is important to use this feature correctly in order to be able to view the correct projects you wish to review in the report.
2.5) Filters: The filters in this page give you more customization options by filtering out information from your project and presenting you with a report best suited to your needs.
Later in the article we will go in depth and showcase all of these features.
Functions of Project Portfolio Report
The report itself is build in a way that gives you the ability to customize it any one way you see fit. You can choose to add or remove a lot of components to the report in order to deliver it in the best possible manner. Below we will take a deeper look on how you can do this.
1) Hide/Show Icon: The hide/show function is, perhaps, the most useful tool in your disposal.
Through it you are allowed to to add and remove a significant number of information that can assist you in understanding and tracking your projects more effectively. Please refer to the picture below for more information.
As you can see, this feature presents you with a number of important information and their subsequent smaller details.
We recommend testing the tool in order to familiarize yourself with the information that it allows you to display.
2) Filters: The filters functions, as in many other aspects of Forecast, allows you to have a more detailed search in regards to the project(s) you with to review and add or remove any and all information you deem appropriate to.
As you can see the filters will make it a lot easier for you and your team to comb through the projects that you are looking to review.