Permission levels and access rights; what are they and how do I set them up?
- Standard Permission Levels
- Access Rights of the Permission Levels
- Setting or Adjusting Permission Levels
Please Note: This article concerns permission profiles for LITE and PRO plans. For the additional functionality provided in our PLUS plan please visit this article.
Standard Permission Levels
There are six Permission levels in Forecast that can be granted to users, enabling each user to a specific set of access rights:
- Admin: Has unrestricted access to the entire platform, with the ability to configure the platform to fit the needs of the company/team from the Admin Panel. Users with this permission level are the only ones with access to the Admin panel.
- Controller: Second highest permission level after the Admin, has unrestricted access to project-related actions such as managing team members, reports, etc. And, they are able to see financial information.
- Manager: Can view and edit their team's work, time registrations, schedule and reports. Can also view revenue but no costs in financials.
- Coordinator: Can view and edit their team's work, time registrations, schedule and reports.
- Collaborator: Can create, view and edit tasks on projects they are assigned to, and can also register time.
Please note: The above permissions may only view projects that they are assigned to with the exception of Admins that can view and access all projects.
- Client: Can view and edit tasks they are assigned to, and create new tasks on projects they are granted access to. This can be adjusted with the client custom permissions. Those are available to all plans, not only PLUS. To learn more visit our article here. This type of user does not incur a cost/seat to your subscription.
- Virtual Resource: This is a "mock" or "ghost" team member, one that is primarily used for planning, testing, integrations or as a placeholder for future team members. These resources can not log in to Forecast.
Access Rights of the Permission Levels
Access to Admin panel
|Access all projects||✔️||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|Access only assigned projects||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||❌|
|View revenue, cost, profit of projects||✔️||✔️||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|View only revenue of projects||✔️||❌||✔️||❌||❌||❌|
|Manage project financials in baseline, budget and periods||✔️||✔️||✔️||❌||❌||❌|
|Create and manage invoices||✔️||✔️||✔️||❌||❌||❌|
|Create new projects||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||❌||❌|
|View project settings||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||❌||❌|
|Create phases, workflow columns, sprints||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||❌||❌|
|Create and edit tasks||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||❌|
|View and manage resource utilization of all team members||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||❌||❌|
|View own utilization||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||❌|
|Register time for other team members||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||❌||❌|
|Register time for themselves||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||❌|
|Approve & Lock timesheets (PLUS)||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||❌||❌|
|View and manage reports||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||❌||❌|
Setting or Adjusting Permission Levels
Permission levels can only be assigned or adjusted by users with Admin permission level.
Step 1: Click on your Account Icon on the top right-hand corner, scroll down to and select Admin
Step 2: From the sub-menu right below the main navigation bar, find and select People. To learn more about the People tab please click here.
Step 3: From the people tab you are able to effortlessly change the permission levels of team members. Just click on the dropdown below the Permissions column and select the permission level.
Please Note: To change the permission level of someone to Admin you will have to enter your password.
You may also view each team members permission level from the People tab. Every team member who is not an Admin can see what permission level they have by accessing their profile and scrolling down to Permissions.