Permission levels and access rights; what are they and how do I set them up?
Types of Permission Levels
There are six Permission levels in Forecast that can be granted to users, enabling each user to a specific set of access rights:
- Admin: Has unrestricted access to the entire platform, with the ability to configure the platform to fit the needs of the company/team from the Admin Panel. Users with this permission level are the only ones with access to the Admin panel.
- Controller: Second highest permission level after the Admin, has unrestricted access to project-related actions such as managing team members, reports, etc. And, they are able to see financial information.
- Manager: Can view and edit their team's work, time registrations, schedule and reports.
- Collaborator: Can create, view and edit tasks on projects they are assigned to, and can also register time.
- Client: Can view and edit tasks they are assigned to, and create new tasks on projects they are granted access to. This type of user does not incur a cost/seat to your subscription.
- Virtual Resource: This is a "mock" or "ghost" team member, one that is primarily used for planning, testing, integrations or as a placeholder for future team members. This type of virtual resource does not have login rights, which is why it only incurs a cost/seat to your subscription of $4.99.
Below you'll find a more detailed breakdown of the different permission levels. You can also find this in your Profile page under Permissions.
Setting or Adjusting Permission Levels
Permission levels can only be assigned or adjusted by users with Admin permission level.
Step 1: Click on your Account Icon on the top right-hand corner, scroll down to and select Admin
Step 2: From the sub-menu right below the main navigation bar, find and select Team Members.
Step 3: Find and select a team member
Step 4: Scroll down to Permissions and select the Permission Level from the dropdown menu.
Every team member can see what permission level they have by accessing their profile and scrolling down to Permissions.