In this article, we will be covering how to register time, track how much time you've logged or may be missing Time to read: 5 minutes
- Navigating through the timesheets page
- Figuring out how much time you've registered
- Logging time on tasks, internal time & time-off
- Viewing timesheets for team members & the entire company (Admins, Controllers & Managers)
- Reminding team members that they need to log time
1. View time registrations for: Expand to view a specific team members time log.
2. Date navigation: navigate across months, weeks, or days to view time registrations across different periods.
3. Day & Week view: select to view time registrations across a week or day (default is set to the present)
4. Hide Calendar: click to show or hide the calendar.
1. Week column: displays total time registered and can be clicked to highlight the entire week's time registration.
2. Fully blue: days where all time registrations have been completed.
3. Time Off (grey): days with time off registrations fill with grey. Note, if the user also registers working hours they continue to fill with blue.
4. Empty Days (all white): days without any time registrations.
5. Selected day: when a day is clicked, it is highlighted in purple. Also the present day is circled in purple.
6. Semi-filled days (some blue & white): days with time registrations start to fill up in blue.
7. Weekends & holidays: diagonal grey lines.
1. Show & Hide: choose to display as much or as little information you want on a task e.g.: client, project ID, remaining time and more.
2. Preferences Toggle: toggle these preferences on to display tasks that are in progress, planned, recent, starred or suggested by the AI.
3. Search: if you happen to have a long list of tasks, you can search for a specific one.
4. Task List: all tasks that are running across a given period (week or day) will be displayed below.
New Time Entry
1. Task - Internal Time - Time Off Entry: If you can't find a task from the task list under the calendar, or if you want to register time on internal time or time off, you can search for those items here.
2. Dropdown: search for the item you wish yo log time for.
3. Time Entry: enter the desired time.
4. Notes: add any notes you wish to link to the time entry.
5. Click to Add
Timesheets: Calendar Functionality
Using the Calendar
Day View: Click on any desired day to display your time registrations or log time for that day. The day selected will aways be highlighted & outlined in purple.
Week View: Click on any desired week (from the week column) and display your time registrations or log time for that week. The week selected will aways be highlighted & outlined in purple.
Today's Date: the present day will always be circled in purple.
Timesheets: Task List Functionality
Using the Task List
Alternate between the day and week view to log time on tasks on a specific day or across a specific week.
Day View: Click on any desired day to display your Tasks that are running on that day. You can view what time registrations you already have on those tasks or log time on tasks for that day.
Week View: Click on any desired week (from the week column) to display your Tasks that are running on that week. You can view what time registrations you already have on those tasks or log time on tasks for that week.
Task List: Notes, Stars, Delete
View and/or Add Notes: You can add or view notes on all time registrations on both the day and week views. When displaying the week view, any notes on time registrations will be identified by a purple indicator.
Starred Tasks: Click on the star icon to favorite a task.
Delete Time Registration: Click on the burger icon to delete a time registration row. This does not delete the task only the time registration.
Task List: Preference Toggles
Choose to display tasks such as: suggested, starred, recent, planned and in progress tasks at the top of your task list.
Suggested: AI-generated task, internal time, and time-off suggestions.
Starred: Tasks, internal time and time-off that you have marked with a Star.
Recent: Tasks that you have recently registered time on.
In Progress: Tasks assigned to you with the workflow status set to 'In progress'.
Task List: Show/Hide
Display as much information as you'd like from the task list section. You can choose to view remaining time, for instance, so you can see just how much time is left for you to register on a task.
Task List: Adding New Time on a Task
Step 1: Click on the dropdown Project list and select a project.
Task List: Adding New Time on an Internal Time or Time Off
Team Timesheets: View Time Registrations
Step 1: Navigate to a period (week) in the past
Step 2: Select the person you wish to remind
Step 3: Hover over the Week Total Column
Step 4: Click on the Email Icon
Step 5: Click Send from the Send Reminder popup modal
Keep in Mind: Only users with Manager permission level or higher may view someone else's time.
Hint: Enable Time Registration directly from the Workflow Page.